Let's start with the 4th, shall we? I LOVE Independence Day!! I am so grateful to live in such a great country. I love the parades, BB Q's, fireworks, etc., etc.
Our parade experience this year was AWESOME thanks to some good friends/neighbors. Every year I have great intentions of waking up really early and getting a great parade spot. Every year, I end up much later than planned and get a terrible spot on the west side of the road and fry miserably in the sun as the parade creeps by. This year the Prestwich's totally hooked us up! They have been going to the same spot for the 20 or so years. Their spot is marked off the night before and they go early to stake it out. They were nice enough to take our chairs over so we could have a nice, shady spot on the east side with them. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
Jonah thought he was in heaven with all the candy (you get a LOT more when your sitting at the beginning of the parade) and Daelee was tickled with all the floats and "pretty girls". She was so excited it was fun to watch her. We have enough salt water taffy to last until next year!
The rest of the day was pretty mellow. We just hung out at home and the kids played in their pool outside. That night, Adam and Jenn, Jason (Jenn's brother) Nana "Z" and Great Gram came over for a BBQ and front-yard fireworks. We made homemade, blue ice cream which we used for root beer floats. Once the fireworks began some of our neighbors came out and joined us too. It was just a laid-back, fun day!
On the 12th was my niece, Daelee's 4th birthday. I am the official cake-baker in my family, so we made her a CROWN cake for her Princess Party. Jonah got really into helping with the cake; you can see him hammering candies for the stained glass hearts and see him completely covered in flour below. On her birthday, I also took her to get princess hair and make up. She was so funny. She totally loved it! After they curled her hair they were going to put it in a princess up-do, but she wouldn't let them. She loved it curly! (I think because it was curly like her moms.) It was a really fun birthday!
We also wrapped up baseball season with Noah. He did a great job! He was on a team with his friend Ty this year. Ty's dad, Dave, was the cutest coach EVER! He was so cute with the boys, but actually taught them some skills as well. Thanks a ton Dave!
Mostly we have just had a great time playing with friends. Ryan and Jonah have loved playing "dress up". We have had water fights, bike rides, lots of games and enjoyed many a Popsicle. Hope you're having a great summer too!



3 comments:
Holy Cow! That cake is awesome! You could go into business with skills like those! Looks like you had a fun July! Thanks for updating us.
You guys have been busy! How was Fish Lake? I was going to say that you haven't been camping yet this summer, have you?
I had no idea that you were a cake maker. Love it!
Wow that cake was amazing! I am so glad you are back to posting. You always entertain me.
Post a Comment