a:link { color:#4c4c4c; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#4c4c4c; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#619b19; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ #header-wrapper { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid transparent; } #header-inner { background-position: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } #header { margin: 5px; border: 1px solid transparent; text-align: center; color:#7f0707; } #header h1 { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:15px 20px .25em; line-height:1.2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; font: normal normal 50px Arial, Tahoma, Helvetica, FreeSans, sans-serif; } #header a { color:#7f0707; text-decoration:none; } #header a:hover { color:#7f0707; } #header .description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 15px; max-width:700px; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; line-height: 1.4em; font: italic bold 12px Arial, Tahoma, Helvetica, FreeSans, sans-serif; color: #e5e5e5; } #header img { margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } /* Outer-Wrapper ----------------------------------------------- */ #outer-wrapper { width: 660px; margin:0 auto; padding:10px; text-align:left; font: normal normal 90% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, sans-serif; } #main-wrapper { width: 410px; float: left; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } #sidebar-wrapper { width: 220px; float: right; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:normal bold 86% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, sans-serif;; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#619b19; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ h2.date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted transparent; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .post h3 { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#619b19; } .post h3 a, .post h3 a:visited, .post h3 strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#619b19; font-weight:normal; } .post h3 strong, .post h3 a:hover { color:#4c4c4c; } .post-body { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } .post-body blockquote { line-height:1.3em; } .post-footer { margin: .75em 0; color:#619b19; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; } .comments-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid transparent; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color: #619b19; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block .comment-author { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block .comment-body { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block .comment-footer { margin:-.25em 0 2em; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } #blog-pager-newer-link { float: left; } #blog-pager-older-link { float: right; } #blog-pager { text-align: center; } .feed-links { clear: both; line-height: 2.5em; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ .sidebar { color: #727272; line-height: 1.5em; } .sidebar ul { list-style:none; margin:0 0 0; padding:0 0 0; } .sidebar li { margin:0; padding-top:0; padding-right:0; padding-bottom:.25em; padding-left:15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } .sidebar .widget, .main .widget { border-bottom:1px dotted transparent; margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; } .main .Blog { border-bottom-width: 0; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ .profile-img { float: left; margin-top: 0; margin-right: 5px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0; padding: 4px; border: 1px solid transparent; } .profile-data { margin:0; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif; color: #619b19; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-textblock { margin: 0.5em 0; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-link { font: normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: .1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; padding-top:15px; line-height: 1.6em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; text-align: center; } -->

15 February 2008

Happy Hearts Day!

We started the day with our usual Valentine's heart egg-in-toast breakfast. After the kids went to school, Jonah decided he needed a little snack of Cocoa Krispies with Marshmallows (cereal only a Nana would buy!). I poured him less than a 1/4 cup and when he seemed content, I went to check on my blog (like any good and responsible mom would do). However, I left the cereal box on the counter...BIG mistake!

When I returned, I found him on the counter, bag of cereal in hand. At first I figured he was just looking for seconds. But after observing him for a minute I realized that we was digging through, eating only the marshmallows and piling the rest of the cereal in his bowl (and the rest of the counter). What a mess, but it was so cute!

Later that night, we dropped Jonah at Grandma & Grandpa Hardman's and took Zoe and Noah on a date to a "fancy" restaurant. We went downtown to The Roof and were fortunate to have a table with a view of the temple. It was really fun! We had a nice dinner and then sampled all the desserts we wanted (a rarity for my kids)!

Once we were all completely stuffed, we went downstairs to the Main Street Plaza and Temple Square. We didn't walk around too much, since it was freezing, but enough to make a memory. We asked the kids if they wanted to go up to the door of the temple. We found an open gate and went inside. Noah asked, "Are you sure it's okay for us to be in here?", like we were breaking the rules. Chris and I had to chuckle and he laughed along then said, "No really, is it?"


We let them go up on the steps, check out the doors, took a few more pictures and then decided it was much too cold. We picked up Jonah, delivered our Valentine's and opened our own then called it a night. All in all, a great Valentine's Day!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Hi DeDee - it's Kelly Sharples. I found your blog through Suzanne Bailey's. I swear - a few more months of this blogging craze and we will have the whole class of '92 hooked up through links! It's fun to read about your family. And I saw through blog hopping that you are in a book club with Julie Dansie and Liz Irion. How fun! I'll check back on ya later!

Lisa Cannon said...

What a fun mom and dad to celebrate with your kids and what a fun date idea. I bet Zoe and Noah had so much fun!!! Jonah sounds just like Max - MONKIES! They are too cute to get mad. Gotta love them!

Jill said...

I LOVE the marshmellow story D. How cute is he? And what a fun way to celebrate Valentine's Day! I'm sure that will be a memory that Zoe and Noah keep with them forever.

Love you guys and can't wait to see you!

Julie said...

What a fun night. I love the Roof...hope you got the Creme Brulee, it's my favorite! Way cute picture of the 4 of you. Sounds like a very fun Valentine's night!

Jennica said...

DeDee - I am so excited that you have a blog. Email me @ jennica@redrockhvac.com and I will invite you to mine. I am excited to keep in touch.

We have a "pretend" family business too. I love the idea of them being in charge of certain "office" duties.

kecia said...

what a cute idea to go on a fancy date with the kids!