Our trip to St. George this weekend got off to a rough start: First, we left a lot later than planned. Second, we ran into terrible weather and it took over five hours to get there. Unfortunately, it was not the sunny St. George we were hoping for. We rolled in just in time to go to bed.
However, the reason we went down was for Katelyn's (neice) baptism which was on Saturday. My friend let us stay at her condo (thanks Barbara!) which had enough room for Adam and Jenn to stay as well. It was nice having our own rooms, kitchen, etc.
Saturday we went to Josh's (nephew) basketball game and then back to their house to play. Of course I forgot to take pictures. We went back to the condo to get ready and then we were off to the baptism. Katelyn asked me to give the talk on the Holy Ghost, which was a privelege. It was a wonderful event (in spite of having to chase Jonah the whole time!) and we were happy to be a part of it.
After the baptism, we headed back to Greg and Jill's for dinner. Wow! Jill knows how to entertain! We teased her about her "light dinner" after we were all stuffed. It was as fabulous as she is!
The kids were delighted to have more time to play. Zoe and Kate, as well as Noah and Josh, are just a few months apart. They have so much fun being together and it makes family get-togethers even more memorable.
Zoe & Katelyn (in her baptism dress).
Something about the girls were horses and the boys were cowboys...
(I just love kids imaginations!)
Tough guys! (Josh & Noah)
Sassy sweethearts!
Jenn tickling Jonah.
Jill getting some smiles from her nephew C.J.
Jenn & Zoe...just hangin'.
The boys eating seconds (nice roll booger, Noah).
At the condo....
Jenn the "dish dog" of the condo.
Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end. We had to get up the next morning and leave, trying to beat the next storm. Hopefully we'll get to stay longer next time!



7 comments:
That is a major bummer that the weather wasn't good for you guys. It looks like the kids had a great time! Did you stay at the Harper's? Looks like fun!
I wondered where you guys were this weekend. It was probably still fun to get away, despite the weather.
That's too bad that the weather wasn't the greatest while you were there. I'm sure your family appreciated you coming down for the baptism, though! Looks like the kids had a great time playing with their cousins.
P.S. I like the new blog look!
Your family is so dang cute. I am sorry about the weather. My brother was down there for a wedding and said the same thing... crappy!
I love the look of your blog - do you do it on your own? I need to learn how to do mine cute too.
Thanks for coming down you guys! You are the BEST and we love you lots! Now you need to plan another trip down in the spring when the weather will cooperate.
Love ya!
Jill
Hey there - I'm taking my blog private so send me your email address to kelly@thinktankcc.com so I can send you an invite!
Sorry Dedee! That was me above where it said Joanne. I was logged in under my mom's account!
Post a Comment