some of the things we have been up to:
plays with Ryan any chance he gets. He is going through withdrawals because Ryan is in Disneyland for an entire week. Noah was home sick for a couple of days which totally saved him. I hope he lasts until Saturday!
The big deal in third grade is the Country Fair. They each choose a country which they have to do a tri-fold board with display items, six-sided brochure, bring foods to sample, and do a 15-minute presentation. After viewing all the displays today, they put on a program with songs and dances from different countries. It was definitely one of the best programs I have seen them do!
Zoe chose Denmark. Luckily, my friend Colette went there on a mission and she hooked us up! These are a few of the things I learned about Denmark:
- It is 1/5th the size of Utah.
- It includes over 400 islands, Greenland and the Faroe Islands.
- LEGO's were invented there, and it is also where the first and largest Legoland is.
- You are never more than 40 miles from the sea.
She did a great job! I love that she is so creative and loves to do things on her own. She is also learning to sew and is making cute bags for all the kids to use at Nana's Easter Egg Hunt. Whew!
Chris
The picture is self-explanatory. (Ha, ha!) Actually, he has been really busy building an entertainment center (with speakers built-in, of course) for his parents. I'll post a picture when he's done.
DeDee
I have been surfing the Internet for Denmark info, buying supplies for all the different projects, finding baseball gear, and running everyone in all the different directions they needed to go. Just the way I like it! :)



1 comment:
DeDee-Your children are darling and I think you need to post pictures of you running around doing your "mom" things. Oh, wait,if your family is like mine you're always the one behind the camera?
Hope all is well. I'm blog lurking because no one is here to need the computer and I'm tring to avoid cleaning this tiny little apartment. I feel like I'm back in college-only lots older!
Post a Comment