So last Friday Noah was playing soccer at the neighbor's house. After retrieving the soccer ball from a window well, Noah fell back and hit the metal edge of the well. I was sitting in my office and next thing I know I look out the window and see Noah with blood all over his head/neck/back, totally bawling. Who knew heads bleed so much? (Did I mention he was wearing a brand-new shirt?) At any rate, it took me a few minutes to see where it was coming from. I cleaned him up a bit, took a picture (as any cruel, blogging mother would do) and headed off the the Urgent Care.
Good news: The doctor said I wasn't overreacting. It was not that long, but actually pretty deep. The shot was a bit traumatic for him, but we made it through. Four staples, ten days worth of antibiotics, and topical goo later, he is looking and feeling fine. The biggest bummer was that I could not wash his sweaty head for two days.
Sorry if the pics are a little too graphic, but it's for posterity's sake. Just be glad I cleaned up most of the blood before I shot it. If you try really hard you can see the staples in the close-up.
2 comments:
Darn! That looks like it hurt Noah! Hope you are doing better!
We love you guys and miss you tons! You need to plan a trip down our way!
Hugs from St. George!
ouch!! this looks so sad!
Post a Comment