Christmas was coming quick, so we had to get stuff "wrapped up" (pun totally intended). Both Zoe and Noah had their school programs, but unfortunately I ended up with everything on video and only one still photo (sorry Zoe). They are always so well done! I was particularly impressed with Zoe's orchestra concert. It was short and sweet, but they sounded awesome.
Of course the Sunday before Christmas they have to wear their new church clothes. J-bud even wore his sweater vest and his tie. I cannot even usually get him to wear either one of them, let alone both! That night we finally tackled our gingerbread house. The kids have so much fun with it. J-bud overdosed on the candy and got sick later that night. Hopefully a lesson learned for the sugar-monger.
A couple days later it was time for sugar cookies. Nana was there to help, along with Zoe's good friend Emily. They were doing lots of projects that day, one of which was the "Giftinator". It was some sort of device they came up with to dispurse the presents. We gave it a run on Christmas Eve, but sadly it was short-lived. ;) We crammed in cookies at the end before running Emily home and leaving Nana to finish up with the boys (sorry, Mom).
The 23rd we headed down to Gateway to Clark Planetarium. Traditionally we go see "Santa vs. the Snowman", but they added a new show called "The Light Before Christmas". The animated characters are based upon those of artist James Christensen (love his stuff!!). It was a fun change and had a cute message. We were able to take Noah's friend, Ty, with us and then back to our house to play.
We always spend Christmas Eve with Chris' family. We started with yummy brunch and then basically vegged out and ate the rest of the day. Kerilyn treated us to a performance to Chorus Line's One (too bad only video and no stills). The kids opened presents from their cousins and we enjoyed a cute Christmas story, courtesy of Adam & Jenn. It was great just to be together and have nothing to do but relax and visit. I think it gave all of us a chance to slow down and start taking it all in.
The kids got out the cookies and eggnog (we like to live on the edge) for Santa. We looked up the Santa Tracker on the computer and saw he was quickly making his way here so they hurried and jumped into bed.
I LOVE Christmas morning! I love the excitement and anticipation of the kids, and also making them wait just a little longer (he, he). Santa came with gifts-o-plenty. The first gift Zoe opened was her mouse. Her face was so cute as she realized that it meant Santa actually got her the laptop she so wanted, but didn't dare hope for. She was in heaven!
Noah received army clothes and gear, new guns to add to his arsenol and Band Hero (whoop whoop!). He was not expecting it at all, but it has definitely been the hit around here. He, along with the rest of us, has had a BLAST with it!
Jonah also received army clothes and guns, but finally his own Nintendo DS. Between that the the PC Lego Indiana Jones II games he had in his stocking, he has been a gaming addict! Seriously, I can't get him off. The other day I said no to PC gaming and suggested we play together, like do a puzzle or something. He got an huge, excited smile like the lightbulb had just gone off and said to me, "I know what we can do....you can watch me play my DS!!" How fun for me. Unfortunately, I had to veto the idea.
My mom came over before we opened up our family gifts. We gave the boys Star Trek stuff (costumes, phasers, etc.) and Zoe stuff for her business (business cards, display, sign, etc.) the boys gave each other GI Joes and they gave Zoe jewelry making stuff.
By then Denny (my bro.) was here, so we got dinner started. We had an AMAZING prime rib dinner! So, so yummy...mmmmm..
Zoe picked out a cute orange purse for me. Noah gave me a labeler and J gave me sunglasses and a CD. My brother also surprised me with a beautiful necklace. I surprised Chris with a new train. He was definitely shocked, especially because we said we weren't going to buy anything for one another. But after seeing his inner child light up when he had his out before Christmas, I couldn't resist.
On Christmas we do not go anywhere. It is an official "jammy day". We just let the kids take their time opening things and playing with them. It is low key and wonderful.
My brother's kids, Jon & Stacy, flew in on the morning of the 27th. It was fun to be there as they opened their gifts from him. After church my sister and her family came over so we could all celebrate together.
We had clam chowder, played games and had a blast. We even got Nana to play Rock Band! The kids exchanged names and this year we tried doing more personal homemade gifts (we actually did this on both sides) which made it more fun and meaningful.
Lastly New Year's Eve. Chris and I headed up to Logan to PAR-TAY all night long (well, until 4:00 am) with our friends. Nana and Denny held the fort down here and partied with the kids. Zoe was on camera duty, so this is what you get:
When we got home the next day, Chris (and the kids) finally got to play with his train! :)












1 comment:
What a fun Christmas. I love that you guys stay home on Christmas. I might try and do that next year. I hate leaving! We need to get Max and Jonah together. They could sit around on the couch together and play DS. Max is an addict, too. I hate it!
Post a Comment