a:link { color:#4c4c4c; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#4c4c4c; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#619b19; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ #header-wrapper { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid transparent; } #header-inner { background-position: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } #header { margin: 5px; border: 1px solid transparent; text-align: center; color:#7f0707; } #header h1 { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:15px 20px .25em; line-height:1.2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; font: normal normal 50px Arial, Tahoma, Helvetica, FreeSans, sans-serif; } #header a { color:#7f0707; text-decoration:none; } #header a:hover { color:#7f0707; } #header .description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 15px; max-width:700px; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; line-height: 1.4em; font: italic bold 12px Arial, Tahoma, Helvetica, FreeSans, sans-serif; color: #e5e5e5; } #header img { margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } /* Outer-Wrapper ----------------------------------------------- */ #outer-wrapper { width: 660px; margin:0 auto; padding:10px; text-align:left; font: normal normal 90% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, sans-serif; } #main-wrapper { width: 410px; float: left; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } #sidebar-wrapper { width: 220px; float: right; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:normal bold 86% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, sans-serif;; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#619b19; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ h2.date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted transparent; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .post h3 { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#619b19; } .post h3 a, .post h3 a:visited, .post h3 strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#619b19; font-weight:normal; } .post h3 strong, .post h3 a:hover { color:#4c4c4c; } .post-body { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } .post-body blockquote { line-height:1.3em; } .post-footer { margin: .75em 0; color:#619b19; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; } .comments-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid transparent; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color: #619b19; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block .comment-author { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block .comment-body { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block .comment-footer { margin:-.25em 0 2em; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } #blog-pager-newer-link { float: left; } #blog-pager-older-link { float: right; } #blog-pager { text-align: center; } .feed-links { clear: both; line-height: 2.5em; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ .sidebar { color: #727272; line-height: 1.5em; } .sidebar ul { list-style:none; margin:0 0 0; padding:0 0 0; } .sidebar li { margin:0; padding-top:0; padding-right:0; padding-bottom:.25em; padding-left:15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } .sidebar .widget, .main .widget { border-bottom:1px dotted transparent; margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; } .main .Blog { border-bottom-width: 0; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ .profile-img { float: left; margin-top: 0; margin-right: 5px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0; padding: 4px; border: 1px solid transparent; } .profile-data { margin:0; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif; color: #619b19; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-textblock { margin: 0.5em 0; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-link { font: normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: .1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; padding-top:15px; line-height: 1.6em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; text-align: center; } -->

28 February 2010

Reasons to Celebrate

Last month Noah had a piano recital.  He dressed himself, with a little help from Zoe.  Looks like a Jo-Bro hu?  Funny that he is getting older and cares more about certain styles and such.  I think he looks pretty cute though.


He did a great job! BUT, here nearly a month later, I would enjoy hearing at least one song other than that one over, and over, and over....(you get the picture)... :)

Our friend, Pete, celebrated his 40th and we all surprised him at Tepanyaki for dinner.  I have too many pics so here is one of us with Arlette and John (sorry Pete, we don't have any with you and us together).


Of course February would not be complete without a little love.  Valentine's was great fun, especially because I have four of them.  First is this crazy guy:

Have you ever seen anyone over the age of five with the ability to have such bedhead and still be totally adorable?  Me neither.  He wasn't feeling great this day, so this was pretty much his "look" all day long.

My three little Valentine's had a great day!  We had little Valentines to give each of them and they could not wait to open them.

J got a Lego Batman game and, of course, some Reese's hearts.

We gave Bear some Star Wars cards and Get Smart movie.

For Zoebug it was a purse, wallet and slippers.

(No they do not get the amount of gifts according to their age, they all cost the same, just different quantities.)

The kids made us gifts.  Zoe made a bunch of fleece pillows, all on her own (glued, not sewn).  I LOVE her creativity!  Hmmm, where to put them...


She also LOVES to make things on Microsoft Publisher on her laptop.  She made me a Certificate of Appreciation (LOL) and another card for both of us.  Too bad the color printer is out of ink.  :(


She also made me this little hair flower.


Bear made Chris the CUTEST card.  Whenever Chris is testing new speakers he listens to Depeche Mode because of the bass.  A regular song is Just Can't Get Enough.  I don't know if you can tell from this little picture, but it is a picture of speakers with music notes all over and says, "Just can't get enough Dad".  How cute is that?!

Zoe helped J with this little heart for me.


After church my brother came over with his date Kim.  He was my sous chef while we spent two hours, yes TWO HOURS plus, in the kitchen.  We made maniladas.  They are like a cross between manacotti and enchiladas with a tomatillo sauce.  YUMMY! 

Kim & Denny

Then for dessert.  I may have out done myself, if I do say so.  I, for the first time ever, made chocolate souffle.  Serious!  I don't want to brag, but...well...yeah, I do.  I was so good!  My brother was laughing at me for being so excited about it and taking pictures of it.  Can you blame me?  I said CHOCOLATE SOUFFLE!  The kind with the lava-type middle in it....oh yeah...


I only wish I had a better camera, with maybe even a scratch-n-sniff option, so you could truly grasp it.  (Okay, it is really not that big of a deal, but it certainly felt like it at the time.)  Here we are enjoying...



Next weekend was the birth date of my mother, Zelda (more affectionately known as Nana Z).  I love this woman!  She is always there when I need her, no matter what.


Here she is with my neice, Dahri.  We got take-out, opened gifts and then had dessert.  My mom didn't want a boring cake, and since I was on a new dessert high, we decided to go for creme brule.  Yep...another BIG winner.  Unfortunately, I didn't remember to take pics after we put the raspberries on, but let me just say YUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMM!

Yep, I even used my torch!  (he, he)
Nana Z sharing with Dahri

I love having family so close that we can celebrate together.  Life is good!

Dahri, Daelee, Zoe & J



Bear and Dahri

1 comment:

Julie said...

Totally impressed with your baking skills. They both look so yummy. Creme Brule is one of my fav desserts. I think you need to make it for book club.