a:link { color:#4c4c4c; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#4c4c4c; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#619b19; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ #header-wrapper { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid transparent; } #header-inner { background-position: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } #header { margin: 5px; border: 1px solid transparent; text-align: center; color:#7f0707; } #header h1 { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:15px 20px .25em; line-height:1.2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; font: normal normal 50px Arial, Tahoma, Helvetica, FreeSans, sans-serif; } #header a { color:#7f0707; text-decoration:none; } #header a:hover { color:#7f0707; } #header .description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 15px; max-width:700px; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; line-height: 1.4em; font: italic bold 12px Arial, Tahoma, Helvetica, FreeSans, sans-serif; color: #e5e5e5; } #header img { margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } /* Outer-Wrapper ----------------------------------------------- */ #outer-wrapper { width: 660px; margin:0 auto; padding:10px; text-align:left; font: normal normal 90% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, sans-serif; } #main-wrapper { width: 410px; float: left; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } #sidebar-wrapper { width: 220px; float: right; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:normal bold 86% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, sans-serif;; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#619b19; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ h2.date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted transparent; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .post h3 { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#619b19; } .post h3 a, .post h3 a:visited, .post h3 strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#619b19; font-weight:normal; } .post h3 strong, .post h3 a:hover { color:#4c4c4c; } .post-body { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } .post-body blockquote { line-height:1.3em; } .post-footer { margin: .75em 0; color:#619b19; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; } .comments-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid transparent; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color: #619b19; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block .comment-author { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block .comment-body { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block .comment-footer { margin:-.25em 0 2em; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } #blog-pager-newer-link { float: left; } #blog-pager-older-link { float: right; } #blog-pager { text-align: center; } .feed-links { clear: both; line-height: 2.5em; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ .sidebar { color: #727272; line-height: 1.5em; } .sidebar ul { list-style:none; margin:0 0 0; padding:0 0 0; } .sidebar li { margin:0; padding-top:0; padding-right:0; padding-bottom:.25em; padding-left:15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } .sidebar .widget, .main .widget { border-bottom:1px dotted transparent; margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; } .main .Blog { border-bottom-width: 0; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ .profile-img { float: left; margin-top: 0; margin-right: 5px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0; padding: 4px; border: 1px solid transparent; } .profile-data { margin:0; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif; color: #619b19; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-textblock { margin: 0.5em 0; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-link { font: normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: .1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; padding-top:15px; line-height: 1.6em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; text-align: center; } -->

20 August 2008

Mom-of-the-Year

I'm on a roll, so I figure I might as well post one more. Here is a shot from my proud parenting moments...




Yep...that's a burn! See, I was visiting with a friend from high school who lives out of state and came for a visit. We had YEARS of catching up to do, so we let the kids play in the pool in the backyard. It was cloudy at first, but then the sun came out and it heated up. We actually made the comment, "we should probably put some sunscreen on the kids", but like I was actually going to stop my precious minutes with my friend, having adult conversation, to apply it.

Well, this was the end result. Luckily, even though he does not tan like Zoe & Noah, his skin is not as bad as mine. Some aloe and a couple of days and it was long gone. And, as you can see, it didn't seem to hurt him so that relieved a little of my guilt.


Speaking of high school, and totally getting off the subject, I ran into someone from high school the other day. He was of the male gender, but was not someone I dated. He noticed me before I saw him and after getting my attention made this comment: "You look EXACTLY the same."

I have heard this a few times lately and am wondering what that is supposed to mean? Is it meant as a compliment, or is it just that they don't know what else to say? I assume I have the same general features, but EXACTLY? I don't think I had crows feet around my eyes or the leftover 10 lbs. (be nice, I'm rounding down) from my last baby. I am positive that my chest area was 3x larger and faced forward, and did not hang down in shame as it appears to now.

I am just going to take it as a compliment. I think what he meant was, "You still have a sparkle in your eyes, a great smile and I bet you could still fit into your cheerleading outfit." That works for me!


P.S. I was not actually offended, I just think sometimes we make funny comments and it makes me laugh!

7 comments:

amanda jane said...

love your conclusion - I am sure that sparkle in your eye is exactly what he saw! regardless you are as beautful as you were back in the day!

sue said...

I've said that before, and I always mean it as a compliment! It means you haven't gotten old and fat! :) I sound like a real sweetheart right now don't I? Hey, my only kid is starting kindergarten and I'm in a bad mood, okay?

sue said...

BTW - who was the lucky guy?

Woodbury Fam said...

Don't feel bad about the sunburn! Just read my blog about what a terrible parent I have been recently. And I can totally relate to the comments about the chest. I guess that's what nursing 3 kids does.

kecia said...

hey at least he has a smile!! I have done the same thing before. I love the comments about the high school friend-it made me laugh!

Twisted Sister said...

Oh, the poor little guy! Just for the record I said to put sunscrenn on! haha.

Jennica said...

I want to know who the guy was too? BTW - I have said that you look the same too and I TOTALLY mean it as a compliment... you are just cute and little and friendly... just like you were then.

Love you -