However, the day was not a total loss. I received these wonderful gifts that were the highlight of my day:
I received this cute postcard in the mail from Zoe. The pencil is a little hard to read. I love that she used my middle name when she addressed it. She is such a sweetheart!
Noah made this cute card for me in Kindergarten along with his Cursive Alphabet Book. I didn't want to put you through the entire book, so I just scanned the cover and the letter Z, but I can tell you the entire book was absolutely adorable. It was hard to just pick one page. I love the bird on the elephant's head.
Jonah made this cute hand print and poem for me in nursery. Thanks to his teachers for such a perfect gift. I don't know that I have his little hand print anywhere (except where I don't want it and can't keep it). It helps me to remember every moment is a treasure.

That night Adam and Jenn came over to play Settlers of Catan, and lucky me, I won three out of three games. They were playing nice with me because of Mother's Day, but I'll take the victories any way I can get them. It was actually really fun and a great way to end the day. Thanks guys, I needed it.
I would like to thank all of the mother's and women in my life. Thank you for your examples, encouragement, generosity and especially for your love. You mean more to me than you'll ever know. Happy Mother's Day...every day!
(I have tried to fix the layout several times, unsuccessfully. Sorry!)









6 comments:
I felt kind of the same on Mothers Day...a little more grouchy then usual. The hand made gifts from your kids are adorable. I LOVE the ones they made in nursery. Aidan was SO excited to give it to me.
Your kids homemade gifts are ADORABLE! Glad I'm not the only one who has grouchy days! :) You're a cute mom. BTW - you look lots younger than DA mom.
My idea of a wonderful day, is to stay in bed. Maybe we feel that way because we expect so much out of mothers day, and it never really totally lives up.
I had the same kind of Mother's Day. I think I wake up in the morning with expectations but am usually disappointed, not because the family didn't try, but because my expectations were maybe a little too high.
I love the gifts that your kids made for you. So sweet. I did the same thing for the Nursery in my ward. It was so fun and I know the mom's loved it. I don't have a hand print of Max, but now I do.
You are such a great example to me. Thanks for being such a great friend for all of these years!
Love ya!
I feel the same way on Mother's Day... as much as my Husband and Kids try... I guess I just wake up with the expectations that it will end up like a Hallmark or Zales Jewelers commercial. I am glad too that our kids make cute - cute little gifts.
Post a Comment